1. Information About Us
- www.languagetrading.com.sg is a site operated by LANGUGAGE TRADING PTE LTD. We are registered in Singapore under the Business Registration Number 200804007H and with our registered office at 61 Kaki Bukit Avenue 1, #03-08, Shun Li Industrial Park, Singapore 417943.
2. Service Availability
- Our site is only intended for use by people residing, businesses, and companies in Singapore. We do not accept orders outside of Singapore.
3. Your Status
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into an order agreement;
- You are resident in Singapore.
4. How the Agreement is formed between You and Language Trading
- After placing an online order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All on-line orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you either during our telephone conversation or email. The order between us (“the Order”) will only be formed when we deliver the items to you.
- Subjected to actual stock availability, item orders may be refund or fulfilled during the next stock available dates. For items that cannot be replaced, we will contact you to give you the option to cancel. If payment has been made, you will be refunded of the amount paid.
- All orders placed online will be fulfilled within 14 business days unless otherwise advised. Business days exclude Saturday, Sunday, and Public Holidays.
- You are obliged to make payment in FULL by the payment option you select when you check out your orders.
5. Our Refunds Policy
- When you return a Product to us (for instance, because you have cancelled the order or because you claim that the Product is defective, or you are not satisfied with the Product), we will examine the returned Product. Provided we are satisfied with the condition of the Product following our examination, we will either replace the item (if returned owing to a defect) or provide you with a refund. If you have requested a refund, we will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used to pay. We will process the refund as soon as possible.
- Products returned by you because of a defect or within the fourteen-days cooling-off period will be refunded in full after delivery costs have been deducted.
- A claim by you that the quantity of the Products delivered falls short of the quantity ordered shall be notified to us within 2 days from the date of delivery. If you do not notify us accordingly, we shall have no liability in respect of such shortfall and you shall be bound to pay the price as if the Products had been delivered in accordance with the Order.
- The cost of return transportation is at your expense.
6. Our Liability
- We warrant that any Product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality.
- Our liability in connection with any Product purchased through our site is strictly limited to the purchase price of that Product.
7. Events Outside our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under an Order Agreement that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disasters;
- impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; or
- the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Our performance under any Order Agreement is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Order Agreement may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- If we fail, at any time during the term of an Order Agreement, to insist upon the strict performance of any of your obligations under the Order Agreement or any of these Terms and Conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Order Agreement, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by us of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions or any provisions of an Order Agreement are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Our Right to Vary these Terms and Conditions
- We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- You will be subject to the Policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions before we provide you with the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the Terms and Conditions unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
14. Law and Jurisdiction
- Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site will be governed by the Law of Singapore. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of The Republic of Singapore.